Saturday, March 20, 2010

Valentines Weekend

Valentines weekend we took a trip to Phoenix to see the musical Mary Poppins. We had a great time with my parents. On Valentines day we ended up eating at a retro diner, that is why the kids are wearing the funny hats. Everyone that saw Mary Poppins enjoyed it, Evan and Stephen did not attend. It was not really like the movie, but I've never read the book so I don't know what the original story is.
On Saturday after the musical we had the chance to go visit our friends the Knudsens. Their boys have grown so much since the last time we saw them. We miss having them here, but it is fun to have someone to visit in Phoenix.
It was warm there, so we thought we would take the kids for a swim at the "heated" hotel pool. It was suppose to be heated to 82 degrees, it was not. I had goosebumps the whole time I was in the pool, and poor Alli only lasted a few minutes and wanted out. The cold water didn't bother Julia and Evan, they could have stayed in all day long.





All the kids watching a movie at the Knudsens.
Jaden, Alexa, Ryan, Ty, Julia, Evan & Dylan is the blur behind the couch.



No comments: